Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Last First Day

Dear Rack, Aqua, and P-Mizzle,

So I'm sitting on the top bunk of Green Bean's bed right now. He's sharing a room with the Strong Man  this semester which is cool because he is my favorite of the roommates. Their new apartment is definitely a step up from the last. It's still old but the carpet is a natural, sanitary color... and it doesn't smell like old kitty litter. They've even gotten better about keeping their kitchen clean! This is all very good news for be because I will likely be spending a majority of my free time around here. Not simply because I love the Green Bean and it's fun to spend time with him, but because I feel so isolated at my own apartment. Yes, this is the part where you get an update on my roommates. The never ending saga of my undergraduate career.

I'm still living with the hypochondriac-prone ginger, and we had one other girl move in... knowing what to refer to her as is difficult as she is an exchange student from China... so I feel like any code name I use for her will be politically incorrect. Help me think of something? Anyways, she's sweet as apple pie but she doesn't speak or understand English very well. the hypochondriac-prone ginger is well... a little awkward and so I feel a little trapped in my house despite my adoration of both my roommates. They can be hard to talk to for very different reasons. Anyways, that's that. It's fine. We all know I spend more time in The Tower (read that in a grimacing voice) than I do my own house.



AHhHhHhHhHhH!!!!!
Okay, so getting to the point... tomorrow is my. last. first. day. OHHHHHH. MMMMMMM. GGGGGGG (read that in Paul Mitchell's squeaky excited screaming voice, you know the one). I am excited, mournful, scared, nervous, and overjoyed all at once that this chapter of my life is coming rapidly to a close. December feels so far yet so near all at once. BARF. Though there is a silver lining in all the mixed emotion that I am feeling... my class schedule. This is the part where you all hate me... but mostly Aquafresh I think... given that she is graduate student hell for one more year.

Here it is in ALL it's glory...

Monday: Spin class... to reclaim my body from a summer of deliciousness and work.
Tuesday: Topics in political philosophy and work.
Wednesday: KC Lecture Series and work.
Thursdays: See Tuesday description
Friday: Student/Professor research lab for the Center for Protecting Our Most Cherished and Basic American Values and Expression of Political Choice and work.
Saturday: mine.

Yes, yes I love this schedule because I am doing... wait for it... basically NOTHING when it comes to actual school work. Work, work for the department is a totally different story but I LOVE my job this semester so it's okay.

Anyways, I could blab some more but I think this is it for now.

Oh, Paul and I both have set some pretty serious physical goals to reach by election day. If you other ladies want in on that action we'd love to have your participation. I'm going to keep myself accountable to you all here. Six pack by November 6th! Ohhhhh!

Okay love you all and remember... "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."

XOXOXO




3 comments:

  1. My goal: lose 15-20 lbs off this body by election day.

    ...I feel like the fact we use this as a measurement of time says something serious about us as members of the human race.

    However, back on topic, I plan on doing this by attending two cycling classes OR Zumba classes a week, as well as running/using the elliptical for four other days. I will also be keeping track of my caloric intake to try and keep it between 1400-1600 a day. And these will be HEALTHY calories.

    I too, will use this to keep me accountable. I'll hopefully report once a week or so on how I'm doing.

    -PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am happy to help you by sending you frequent thoughts of encouragement through textual messages... = ) I don't wanna go to spin class in the morning!!!!! Also, McDonalnd's oatmeal is still amazing.. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember how GMC is a car company and I was thinking of GNC, like the health store? haha... love you girl.

    also, I'm proud of your fitness goals, both of you! my goal requires me to have a tape measure... or something of the sort, because I want to lose inches rather than lbs I think. but I think my inches will result in about 10 lbs dropped. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete