Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I had a really great post in mind, but I think I'll just write instead.

I'm currently watching the BYU vs. UofU game. Well, sort of watching. Me and my roommates are going to watch "When Harry Met Sally" in the next little bit. "Guru" might come over and watch it with us. My roommates tried to tell me that our friendship is like the beginning part of a romantic comedy, specifically like that of "When Harry Met Sally." I can't say I disagree, nor can I say I haven't had that thought myself from time to time. That being said, I don't think he and I will turn out like Harry and Sally. I don't know the equivalent of what we'll turn out to as I'd like to think of the two of us staying in contact, but I've yet to maintain contact with any of the guy friends I've had in my life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2 hours later ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BYU lost. I'm only sad about this because the more I am exposed to them the more I dislike U fans. They were the equivalent of the Dems at the BYU debate.

That being said, we are now watching "When Harry Met Sally." If you haven't seen this movie, you should. For Alissa and Mallory, this movie is rated R. If you would like to watch it, it is rated R for 4 f-words which I can censor. It is amazing and is honestly the best romantic comedy in the history of the genre. It is, in my opinion, the romantic comedy that all romantic comedies should be compared to, mostly because it provides insight into relationships between men and women in a way you usually don't see.

Anyway, that being said, I'm realizing that Guru and I really ARE Harry and Sally in SO many ways. I realized this during the scene where it shows them talking on the phone in their separate apartments about their past relationships. But while Harry and Sally end up together *spoiler alert!!!* I don't think me and Guru will. There's the issue of timing as well as the vibe I get that he's interested in me as a person and a support, but nothing romantically, and honestly I'm not curious or interested enough to exert the energy to pursue a relationship, especially because of that him-having-no-romantic-interest thing.

That being said, I miss having someone and having someone to reach out and touch. And not even romantically. I miss cuddling with people, laying by someone and knowing they're right there, having my hair played with. It's something I used to do a lot but have sort of been doing less and less now that I, you know, live far away from my friend.

By the way, I'm failing at the diet thing. I'm buckling down two fold tomorrow though. Also, I will post pictures of Baby (my Subaru Outback) in the near future, along with some of the art-work I've recently dropped a bundle on. Me and my roommates are trying to decorate our house now that the old roommate moved out and took all of her art. The house is going to look wonderful once it's completed. Which means you ladies need to come up and see me! Possibly this Friday, as it's late-night rock-climbing down in Sandy. From 10pm-2am you can rock-climb for $5!! I'm so stoked. I was considering asking Guru to go with me, but having GNC and Aquafresh there instead would be much cooler. Granted, it would be cooler if the Rack could be there too, but nooooOOOOOoooo, she's off having wonderful adventures...

I want to hear more about them, by the way!! Oh, and if you want to keep your ears open for anyone discussing job opening on the Hill, specifically as a scheduler or staff assistant, let me know! I'm itching to get out to DC for good!

Alright...it's late and I've got to get to bed. I love you, ladies! I hope everything is going well for all of you!

-Paul Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment