Saturday, September 29, 2012

I'm a Milk Snob

So the other night, Trader Joes didn't have any 1% milk. This would not have been a problem before the Captain (which is what I've decided - with no help from either of you - to call the boy. There's a story there if you're wondering) and I started buying milk together, since my family used to only buy 2%. But the Captain prefers 1%, and now I've become accustomed to that. This is not to say that I won't drink anything else, but given the choice I will not buy anything else. So, rather than suck it up at TJ's and buy 2%, I bought vanilla soy milk. Maybe I'm turning into a hippie too, Paul Mitchell... I'm currently eating a bowl of Organic Mango Granola with Organic Vanilla Soy Milk. So that's happening.

Also, everyone here complains. All the time. The kids from Utah complain that cities out here are dirty, or that people do gross things (like spit while they're running, which runners do EVERYWHERE btw). The kids who have traveled a lot complain that the metro isn't as nice as the London subway system. Everyone complains about how expensive everything is, or about the weather, or about how the cliques that are forming at the BC. I just want to scream at everyone to get over themselves and enjoy the semester. So I've decided to do just that. However, by not complaining, I've turned into a terrible gossip who talks about everyone who complains. It's a problem. I guess there is one good thing that comes from this...
but I'm making friends in all the wrong ways. Maybe not all the wrong ways; I think there are a few people that genuinely like me because I'm awesome. Others, though, I've definitely joined forces with because I'm willing to hate on everyone else. Help?

On to more positive things. Philadelphia last weekend was awesome! (It was another thing a lot of people complained about, but I had a great time. You may have noticed this from my photos.) This weekend I went to Ocean City, MD and played in the ocean and built sand castles and ate seafood and bought a silly touristy sweater and enjoyed the day with three of mis amigos. I really enjoyed this small group trip on which I was beholden to no one's plans but my own. Sometimes it's nice being the girl who's kind of a loner and who hangs out with whoever she wants instead of following the Planners around. I'm pretty sick of Planners and their schedules. I am perfectly content meandering around on my own, or with three other cool people, without any plan at all. And I don't think I'm missing out on anything by operating this way. So here's a shot of the beach crew I had a great time with yesterday.


Anywho, I still have sand in my hair because I got home and passed out last night. I'll have to tell you more about the whole day later, but right now I desperately need to shower and wash sheets/towels/everything.

Love and miss you bunches! Let's skype or do a google hangout or something soon, mmkay? Sweet.

- The Rack

1 comment:

  1. I fully support the idea of a google hangout, especially if that means I get to hear the story behind the name. And sorry we didn't help with the code name. I feel like with someone like a boyfriend it's a fairly personal decision ;).

    and I'm glad you liked Philly!! It was by far my favorite part of the seminar experience.

    And for the record, I don't drink milk anymore. Like, ever. It's all soy. I didn't even realize this happened. So I support this. Besides, the milk at TJs always seemed to go sour long before it was supposed to. I stUck with the 365 brand at Whole Foods.

    I'm glad you're loving it there! And we can talk about the clique-ness when we do our hangout. :)

    -Paul Mitchell

    ReplyDelete