Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What I SHOULD be doing...

is writing a paper or editing my ORCA grant proposal. But I think this adequately describes how I'm feeling right now:
Yep. That happened. And now what am I doing? Blogging. Because I lack the motivation to do anything school-related. I'm in "I have a full-time job and a life" mode, not "school and studying are my life" mode. This is a problem.

However, the semester is nearly over (can you believe it?!) so there's no sense in rocking the boat now, right? Haha...

By the way, the hurricane really underwhelmed our area, but much of the Northeast was less fortunate. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

In other news, it's Halloween. Tolly decided to go out on the town with a few people and was thoroughly freaked out by how many drunk people were roaming the streets, and by the fact that she returned to the BC smelling slightly of pot...
Sorry Tolly, you're not in Fruit Heights or Provo anymore. I have no sympathy for this type of closed minded shock. This is how the other half lives. Deal with it.

Is that too harsh of me? Sometimes I just have a hard time coping with the fact that I am clearly the least sheltered person here. And I'm starting to recognize that I've been here for over half a semester because I'm feeling a bit cooped up with these people, particularly Tolly. Most of the time she and I have great late night chats or cereal parties, but every once in a while I would like nothing more than to make her stop existing in my universe. I have to count my blessings though; there are other girls here that would drive me absolutely bat-$#!% crazy if I had to share a room with them.

I miss you ladies. This whole experience really makes me appreciate my real friends. I can't wait to come home and be with normal crazy people again. Ha.

Peace and love,

The Rack

1 comment:

  1. If you think Halloween is bad you should have seen St. Patrick's Day... :) And it's true, one month left!!! And most importantly, SIX DAYS LEFT UNTIL ELECTION DAAAAAAAAY!!! Then it's Thanksgiving, then Christmas - it's so wonderful! And in no time you'll be back with us, just wishing you were in DC ;)

    -PM

    ReplyDelete