Friday, November 23, 2012

Brain splurge

I am positive that when I have my period, what is really coming out is my brain.

Seriously.

When I'm on my period I can't think. I don't even try to anymore. I kind of just schlup through my day, whether it's work, running errands, or working out. And yes, I just used the word schlup. There were several times at work today when I seriously had to ask people to repeat themselves. Then they did, and I still didn't understand what the hell they were saying. Pretty sure I was judged for this.

Also. I love Les Miserables. I'm currently reading the book. I'm also currently watching the 25th Anniversary Concert. The story is so good, even Nick Jonas can't ruin it entirely. However, it does make me really miss the original concert version I lost somewhere while I moved. Seriously. This story affects me in ways that I can't describe. There are certain older books that I read and I just can't get into. Most older books are that way honestly - I read them because I feel like I need to and because I can appreciate them for their literary value. But that's not what it is with this book. It's...I can't even describe it. Even though I already know the story, I know how it ends, I find myself completely drawn in. For the first time in a long time, I find myself forcing myself to stay awake to read. I think the last time I had this was reading Hunger Games or Harry Potter. Perhaps The Portrait of Dorian Gray. But still - it's been a very long time. And the story and musical make me feel...anxious...in a way that happens rarely. I say anxious only because I can't think of another way to put it. It's a mix of emotional, and antsy, almost as if I'm having withdrawals and shell-shock from it being over.

I had that same reaction when Harry Potter ended. I also had that reaction when I finished Perks of Being a Wallflower. I both love and hate it.

The Guru is in Paris now. Well...he'll be flying over the Atlantic. I think his flight left around 5. He got in first class. The brat. He's deserted me in Utah for 3 weeks. Would it be over-dramatic to say I'm actually a little worried about how those weeks are going to go? He's been my respite from a lot of negative feelings that have threatened to overcome me in the past few months. Even during campaign season when we were both really busy, I think we still managed to see each other once a week, or at least talk on the phone that often. He said I kept him sane, and he kept me from being depressed as I spent most of the day by myself in an office talking on the phone. And this last week we've seen each other almost every day. Actually, I take that back. I'm 98% certain we've hung out every day this past week,I can tell I'm developing rather strong feelings for him, but they're not romantic. He always thanks me for putting up with "his bullshit" which seems odd to me, as it's tame considering what I was used to putting up with. I'm just grateful he puts up with my ridiculous venting all the time.

It is now winter, which means my feel will not be warm again until May. I dislike this part where it's cold enough for me to freeze, but not cold enough to snow. I mean, what's up with that?! I just looked at the weather report and it's supposed to RAIN in DECEMBER. That is not okay.

Also, if you're in the mood to be mildly creeped out while entertained at the same time, go on Craigslist and look at the "strictly platonic" section. I'm pretty sure I just read an ad for someone with a foot fettish.

I'm thinking about applying for a server position up in Park City, at the Blue Iguana. it would be an hour drive each way, but I love Park City and the tips could be good. Plus I could work it and Macaroni Grill at the same time. I would honestly love the input. I'm a little unsure of how I'm going to make ends meet right now with only one job.

Anyway, I'm off to read Les Mis. Love you all!

-Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment